Shopping at Winterson
At Winterson we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and your personal information is secure and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
Information That We Collect From You
We may collect and process the following personal information about you
- information, (including your name, email address, phone numbers, home address, shipping address and credit card billing address) that you provide by completing forms on the Website, upload or submit any material via the Website, or request any information;
- in connection with signing into an account on the Website, your log-in and password details (which are encrypted);
- details of any transaction made through the Website, including your computer IP address associated with an order or attempted order made through the Website; and
- information from surveys, promotions and competitions that we may, from time to time, run on the Website, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them.
You are under no obligation to provide such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
Uses Made Of Your Personal Information
We use this information to:
- process your purchase;
- verify your payment details to prevent fraudulent transactions and advise you of any problems with your order; and
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including news about our products, events and any promotional offers, provided you have consented to being contacted for these purposes.
We must have a valid legal basis to process your data, for example a contract with you to deliver your purchases or to provide you with other services you have requested.
We may use your personal data to send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you if we have your explicit consent for this activity, or if you are an existing customer where we have a legitimate interest in communicating with you. You can opt out of these marketing communications from us at any time.
Who will process your data?
Your personal data will be processed by us as the data controller.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Website, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time.
Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions. Your name, delivery address, phone numbers and email address may be given to our courier for delivery services.
How long do we keep your data?
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which you provided that personal data, unless the law permits or requires that we retain it for longer.
The period that we retain your data varies depending on the purpose of the processing. For example, the data collected during your purchase of goods on this Website are retained, in accordance with UK tax law, for a period of six years. The data that we use to send you marketing communications is retained until you ask to be unsubscribed.
What are your rights regarding your data?
You have the following rights:
- to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data by us;
- to obtain a copy of your personal data to understand how and why we are using your data, and to check that we are doing it lawfully;
- to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete;
- to ask us to delete or erase your data from our systems;
- to limit the way in which we can use your data; and
- to receive a copy of your personal data in a structured, easily readable and electronic format.
If for any reason you are concerned that the personal information held by Winterson is not correct or you would like to object to its use, please visit our website and, review your personal information in the My Account section. If you prefer, or if you have not created an account on our Website, you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will amend your personal details.
We will never sell personal information that you provide to us to third parties for marketing purposes.
Your personal information may be shared with third parties where there is a legal obligation to disclose your information to any relevant regulatory body or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Website or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Website, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
If Winterson Limited is sold or merged with another business, then your details may be disclosed to our advisors and any prospective purchasers and their advisors and will be passed on to the new owners of the business.
We may also disclose information required to process your order to the payment service that we use to authorise and process your payments or to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency to ensure the legitimate use of your payment details. These services may keep a record of that information.
For detailed information regarding our payment security policies, please refer to the separate section entitled Payment Security.
With your explicit consent, we may use your contact information to send out promotional material relating to our products and to send out information about our company. We may also occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to this website, new services and special offers by mail, telephone, SMS, or email to provide information that we think you will find valuable.
Testimonials and feedback
Genuine feedback is as important to us as it is to you and we ask every customer for feedback on their purchases so that we can improve our service and products. We may publish your feedback online or offline to promote our business and our services. We will ask for your permission before we publish it.
A cookie is a piece of information that has been transferred from the Website to your computer to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the internet.
- keep track of your preferences on the Website;
- recognise how often you visit the Website; and
- customise elements and the layout and/or content of the pages of the Website to improve our site design;
- to assist us with our internal marketing and demographic studies.
Most browsers are automatically set to accept cookies but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. If you choose not to receive cookies, you may still use some of the features of our website but you will not be able to purchase items. More information on Cookies used at Winterson can be found here.
Your Contact Preferences
If you have registered an account with us, you can change your contact preferences by logging into the My Account section of the Website and updating your preferences.
You can tell us not to contact you with information regarding our products and services, either at the point such information is collected on the Website (by checking or un-checking (as directed) the relevant box) or, where you do not wish us to continue to use your information in this way, as any email we send you will contain an easy automated unsubscribe link so that you can opt-out of receiving email from us.
Links To Third Party Websites
This Website may contain links to and from websites maintained by third parties that are not under our control. If you follow a link to any of these sites, please note that they have their own policies regarding privacy.
You should review these policies before submitting any information to third parties as we do not accept any responsibility or liability from any resulting loss of privacy or personal data.
How To Contact Us